Are you an experienced sales professional with great networks? Do you enjoy building partnerships and managing your own portfolio? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform - you can read more about our story below. Our journey within Czechia and Slovakia started with our Prague launch in the summer of 2018. Since then, we’ve expanded to Brno, Bratislava, Košice and Trnava, with more growth expected in the months to come.
We have recently also started working with other partners, such as supermarkets and other retailers. As such, we are looking for a strong sales professional to lead and grow our retail partnership offering in Czechia. The retail business segment is fairly new to both Wolt and Czechia, and serves as a perfect complement to our restaurant food operations.
The ideal candidate for the Retail Business Manager role is ready to take on a two-fold job: introducing Wolt to retailers in our cities, so that they can start experiencing the benefits of our service, as well as develop our product offering in collaboration with the local team and our Finnish HQ. Preferably, you understand what our users want before they do it themselves!
What you’ll be doing
- Establishing and growing the retail segment in the country.
- Structuring and conducting negotiations both internally and externally to create high impact deals.
- Responsible for the overall retail relationship post-onboarding with both large chains and small local shops to enable growth and increase each partner’s sales on our platform
- Continuously optimizing and developing the retail portfolio to make it more attractive to both potential partners and users.
- Having a deep understanding of the competition and various verticals in the market (supermarkets, convenience stores, florists, bakeries, etc.)
- Working closely together with the marketing team to plan and execute campaigns internally and together with retail partners in particular.
- Demonstrated ability to close partnerships with large companies and to engage and influence C-level executives, but also work with and influence small business owners.
- Experience as both a “hunter” closing deals and a “farmer” cultivating relationships and managing accounts
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical skills - such as translating data into actions, or analyzing sales metrics and producing relevant KPIs.
- Passion for partnerships and networking, with strong local connections.
- Self-starter with willingness to roll out your sleeves and do what is necessary to succeed.
- You are fluent in Czech and English.
- Experience from within either the retail or tech industries is a plus.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Laura Kuukka, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org.