Senior Cloud Solution Specialist.
Can you work with our Cloud Platform sales representatives to engage at a senior level with our highest potential mid-market clients?
Does helping clients by triggering them to start or accelerate their journey to the cloud interest and motivate you?
Can you help a customer to understand the implications to their business of adopting cloud technologies, from a people, functional and process perspective ?
If you are thinking ‘Yes’ then this role could be for you!
We are recruiting experienced and talented individuals for a brand new Solution Specialist team, in Oracle Digital.
The solution specialist will help customers to identify the compelling reasons – aligned to their business goals - to move their Oracle workloads to the Oracle Cloud. The specialist will build confidence that Oracle has the platform of choice for their journey to cloud and show the client why they should start this journey with us
The Solution Specialist will work closely with Oracle Digital Cloud Platform sales reps to engage clients and convince them to start or accelerate their journey to cloud, with Oracle. The Sales Rep then works with the Oracle Digital Sales Consulting team to define projects to move specific or multiple workloads, and to progress and win these cloud sales opportunities with that client in conjunction with an Oracle Partner or the Oracle Consulting organisation.
This role will be part of a team of 14 senior professionals, located in our hubs across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
· Work with your assigned sales team to maximize the number of Mid Market segment customers who start their journey to cloud with Oracle, generating long and short term success and business results for our On Premise customers by triggering their adoption of Oracle Cloud and contributing to continued growth of cloud bookings - and over achievement on sales targets
· Engage effectively with clients to position the Oracle Cloud proposition through value based selling, business case definition, ROI analysis, references and analyst data.
· Collaborates and align effectively with Oracle Digital cluster sales leadership to ensure focus on priority customers and segments
· Work effectively with individual sales reps and within the sales ecosystem to achieve common goals and ensure optimal investment and deployment of resources to initiate high win-rate sales cycles
· Work as part of a distributed team to share and learn from each other, contributing to the ongoing development of and contribution from this new role in Oracle Digital.
· Continuously develop your own skills and competencies
· Ability to demonstrate personal leadership and drive, self starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
· A senior sales and business development professional who can demonstrate credibility through their commercial acumen and tenacity
· Strong influencing, interpersonal , verbal and written communication skills at CxO level
· Creativity with strong problem solving skills, and the ability to adapt and succeed in a fast paced, diverse and changing environment
· A strong understanding of cloud and emerging computing technologies and business drivers will be invaluable; combining this with an ability to connect technology to measurable business value will be essential
· Successful history (min 5 years) as a senior individual contributor or manager in sales /technical sales or business development in a B2B Cloud Technology Sales environment, with the ability to prove consistent over- achievement against targets
· Proven experience in some or all of the following key areas would be a strong advantage: needs analysis and envisioning; in-depth knowledge of Oracle Cloud competitors; understanding of business, system and application design; cloud solutions architecture
· Fluency in English is essential
Oracle Digital is our cutting edge sales division where we are building the future of modern sales. Our sales teams operate a modern ‘hybrid’ of remote and face to face client engagement, so while some travel is expected – we try to work smart, using social and digital platforms to connect and collaborate with our customers.
In a truly multicultural environment, more than 1000 talented professionals based in our sales hubs throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa interact in 20 different languages with current and future Oracle customers. Oracle Digital sells Oracle Cloud and On Premise Technology (Database, Middleware, Development tools & BI) solutions to mid-sized organizations with up to 500 MUSD turnover.
Successful candidates will be offered world-class training and structured career development to ensure you reach your maximum professional potential.
We offer you a truly international working environment that is fun, exciting and always challenging.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
The primary focus of a Sales Consultant (Pre-sales) is to become an expert in a core set of Oracle products and solutions and to present the value proposition and benefits of our solutions to our partners, prospects and customers and internally to our sales force
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction, through on-line/in person sales efforts. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Internet Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Internet Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions. Support sales team in online/in-person selling efforts. Expert level responsible for formulating and leading presales technical/functional sales support activity for customers, as well as Oracle community development of resources and solutions based on market needs. Approximate percentage of face to face interaction with customers to perform responsibilities is 15%
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salaryverification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).