We are looking for an experienced PythonDeveloper for our Single System Management team in Prague. Oracle Single SystemManagement Team provides a family of tools and utilities to manage, monitor andconfigure Oracle Sun servers used in Oracle Cloud.
The candidate will join an existing teamin Prague as an experienced technical person and will work on Oracle HMPquality engineering. Oracle HMP enables management, flexible hardware configurationand firmware update capabilities of Oracle Sun servers.
The candidate will be responsible forOracle HMP product specification analysis, test cases design, test automationdevelopment and maintenance (test automation code is developed primarily inPython). The candidate will report to an on-site manager; regular cooperationwith US engineering is expected.
Our team works on everything fromlow-level hardware interfaces to user interfaces and everything in between. Wecontrol the full life-cycle of the software from architecture to release. Helpus to shape the system management offerings for Oracle's cutting-edge systemswhile working in a dynamic international team of skilled professionals.
- Development and maintenance of automated tests
- Creation of test specifications, test cases, reviewing of other test specifications
- Bug reporting, evaluation, verification
- Improvement/enhancement of test automation framework
- Cooperation with SW and HW platform development teams in the U.S.
- Programming skills in Python
- Test automation development experience
- User experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Reliability, problem solving, result orientation, willingness to learn, teamwork
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or similar major related to IT industry
- An opportunity to work in a dynamic international team of skilled professionals
- Work with advanced technologies and latest HW products for a market leader in the IT industry
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working hours including work from home program
- Informal and friendly culture
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salaryverification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).